Research & Evaluation OfficerApply now
Job Title: Research & Evaluation Officer (Assistant Principal Officer Grade)
Location: Co. Meath
Position: Permanent/ Full Time
Salary: €75,822 per annum
Closing Date: 28th Feb 2024 at 3PM
The NCSE is now recruiting for the position of Research & Evaluation Officer. A panel will be formed from which existing and future vacancies will be filled. There is currently one vacancy to be filled.
The Assistant Principal is a senior managerial grade in the Civil Service and is a critical management role in implementing government policy in the economic, financial, international, environmental and/or social arenas
This role will focus on managing and delivering a programme of practice based research within schools as well as conducting research directly including evaluations of key NCSE supports and services. Please see below for a full outline of the role and responsibilities
Role and responsibilities
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the NCSE’s programme of practice-based research within schools and conduct the evaluation of the pilot phase.
- Conduct primary and secondary research including quantitative research, statistical and trend analyses, qualitative research and literature reviews.
- Conduct evaluation research on NCSE/DE services and supports, in particular for new and pilot initiatives.
- Produce research reports of a publishable and accessible standard along with easy to read summaries.
- Prepare analytical and discussion papers on relevant special education and inclusion issues as required and also in response to reports, policy advice and submissions
- Manage commissioned research as required, including tendering, contract and budget management, research review and quality assurance and preparing reports for publication.
- Plan for and oversee the dissemination of key outputs from the NCSE research to target audiences through a variety of means.
- Implement senior management responsibilities as per organisational strategic objectives and work plans and collaborate with colleagues on cross-functional reporting and projects.
- Build relationships with and work as appropriate with relevant external agencies and stakeholders in relation to special education and inclusive research and information.
- Undertake other duties as appropriate to the grade as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience :
- A relevant post-graduate qualification, preferably in the sciences or social sciences areas.
- Conducting research, managing research projects and producing research reports. A minimum of five years’ post-graduate research experience, including applied and research management experience.
- Experience in managing commissioned research contracts. A minimum of two years post- graduate research management experience.
- Understanding of various research methodologies and approaches and research quality standards including relevant regulations and ethical considerations is essential.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Significant management experience at an appropriate level, including leading teams and managing stakeholders;
- Significant experience of some or all of the following: project management, managing budgets and delivery of programs, strategic and change management
- That they possess the skills/competencies identified as being important for the role These include: Leadership and Strategic Direction; Judgement and Decision Making; Management and Delivery of Results: Building Relationships and Communication: Specialist Knowledge, Expertise & Self Development: Drive and Commitment to Public Service Values
**Please note only applications received via the official application form can be accepted.
Please follow this link to complete and submit an application form – Current NCSE Opportunity – Orange Recruitment (https://orangerecruitment.ie/register-ncse/).This role closes Wednesday 28th February 2024 at 3pm any applications received after this will not be considered.